Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend renovations

The family spent the weekend at our old house, renovating in hopes of getting a fair price when it goes on the market. I am now a power tool goddess! But that awesome new title does not make up for the fact that home repairs suck. Especially when you don't get to live in said home and enjoy all the new.

The plus side is the kids get to see my parents and run all over their property. And I get a chance to visit them. I really do miss living near my family. Unfortunately it also brings up questions of why they can't see hubs family. Recently we had to sever ties with them which I think has been pretty difficult on the kids. Hopefully over time communication can be opened again and we can all heal, but for now the relationship is toxic, and not something I want to expose the kids to.

In talking with my mom, she has a sewing machine for me! Hopefully I can get it this weekend. I am so excited to learn, and to hopefully be able to follow some of the awesome patterns I have seen on different blogs. I'd love to be able to sew clothes for the kids and myself. The hubs isn't really into the whole homemade thing,yet. Maybe once he sees my awesome skills he'll change his mind!

No comments: