Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In which I earn a paycheck!!

I got a job!!! I started last week, and things have been crazy busy since then. I am a little torn about it though. I miss the kids like crazy while I am gone, and most nights get about 3 hours with them before they are off to bed. I only see the hubs in passing, and I am afraid this is something I won't be able to keep up with long term. I am hopeful though that things will settle down with our schedules and we will be able to work something out.

With the way the economy is going, I feel blessed to have gotten hired. This is going to open so many doors for us. We are avid Dave Ramsey followers, and just weren't making much headway on the hubs salary. But throwing everything I make at our debt, we will be free in 4 years, and that includes our mortgage! I cannot even begin to explain how freeing that feels. Of course to accomplish this in 4 years we would have to be ultra strict, and I don't quite see that happening so I figure it is more likely 5 or 6. But either way it happens, and I am good with that!

We are taking the kids to see Walking with the Dinosaurs on Saturday. I think I may be just as excited as they are. The commercials for it look so amazing! They have been getting their own lessons in money lately. We started having them earn commission on chores, and they seem to really enjoy having their own money to spend on extras. Right now they are saving up to buy souvenirs at the show. It's funny how the second they complete a task they are right at our feet with their little hands out! I wish my pay day worked that way! 

I have finally gotten the family on board with eating better. As we finish up the junk food in the house, I am replacing it with clean, healthy alternatives. Big Boy is still a bit resistant, and told the hubs yesterday he was going to throw all the healthy food away, but I think we are making progress. He even eats broccoli now! Hopefully this will help me stay on track too. Over the hubs vacation we ate out a lot, and even the food made at home wasn't so great so I managed to completely sabotage myself and between the horrid eating and failure to work out I gained back all I had lost. It is a bit discouraging, but it also helps to motivate me not to slip up. I don't want to see all my hard work undone again.

1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

Congrats on the job!
I always seem to gain weight when the dh is home,he gets 6 days off in a row every other month and whatever I have lost I gain right back that week he's home!
Good luck cuz I know I need it!