Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas

I love the month of December. I love the decorations, shopping and food. I love that big girl is home everyday during her break, and we bake and play and watch Christmas movies. But I worry sometimes that I let the true reason for celebration slip by a too quietly. Thanking God for the gift of his son is what should be at the top of my list, but it seems it has taken a back seat to more commercial aspects. So I am trying to remember every day just why this time of year is so special, so important.

On Sunday 4 families Christmas celebrations were changed forever. Four Lakewood police officers were ambushed and executed. One man chose to play God and forever change those families lives. My heart aches for them and I cry when I think of the nine children who are suffering, the spouses, the parents, friends and extended family. Please keep these families in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: