Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Morning

I am so not a morning person. I mean I can get up while the clock says AM just as long as it is after 8. Anytime before that and it takes me at least 20 minutes to get going. It is ridiculous.

I am in a bit of a conundrum. I love to bake. LOVE IT! And I am trying to be healthy, eat well, exercise all that.(Dont love that so much) December is usually my big, bake every sweet recipe possible month, and well baking sweets that go right to my hips and being healthy dont really go well together. I know they can, but not when you have the will power of someone who doesn't have any will power. So do I bake anyways, and just try my hardest to ignore the treats potentially setting myself up for failure, or do I punish my family by not baking? My instinct tells me it isn't fair to punish them, they really will suffer if I don't bake. Hmmm what to do?

I put up our new nativity yesterday, and asked baby boy who the woman was. He replied "The baby holder". I think some bible stories are on the docket today!

Yesterday was the funeral for the Lakewood police officers. I was only able to watch the last hour, but it was still hard to sit through. I cannot imagine what their families are going through, and to put on a brave face for others takes more strength then I think I could ever have. At one point the dispatch status the officers and when they didnt respond, signed them out of service for the last time. I lost it then, I sobbed and hugged my babies close. Our neighbor stopped by and brought my husband a thank you card. It was a small token, but one that means so much. So often the police are vilified, they spend too much time writing tickets instead of catching the real criminals. But they are always there when needed, running towards the danger instead of away.

No comments: