Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snow!

I'll admit it, I have mixed feelings about the snow... hate driving in it, love watching it. So when I saw it start coming down last night I was both hotly angered and giddy. Thankfully driving in it was not at all bad this morning. I took big girl to school at 8, only to have her principal come running out to inform me school was starting 2 freaking hours late. Are you kidding me??!? There is maybe 2 inches, it is light and dusty, not slushy. Easy to drive in and school is starting late? Of course while all of that was going through my head, I smiled sweetly and said "Thanks for running out to tell me! We'll see you in 2 hours!" Bah. So we went to Walmart. It was either that or the Dollar Store.

I have 3 packages to get in the post today, I hope they are open late because there is no way no how I am dragging the boys with me. Holy moly were they naughty in the store today. I said "Lets get daddy some presents" Which translates in boy speak to "Find every car, plane and helicopter you can and try to throw it in the cart when mommy isn't looking" And big boy stole a pack of gum. I don't know what to do. Do I just return it by myself? Do I have him return it and apologize? He's 5. I have talked to him, and he understands it is wrong. I don't want to scar him, but I am so unsure of the right way to do this. Why does being a mom have to be so difficult sometimes?

In other more upbeat news I am 95% done with my shopping. I have a few things left to get, and some stocking stuffers but I am pretty much done. Yay ME! I am still holding out hope that my husband will get me a bulldog for Christmas, but I am thinking he isn't getting all the hints, clues and photos I am leaving out for him! Darn.

No comments: