Saturday, February 27, 2010

Letting go of Fear

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I have been struggling with fear and discouragement lately. I was passed over for a job, which would have been perfect for us. I haven't heard back from another. And I feel like a FAILURE.  With all the violence against officers lately the hubs leaving for work is a huge source of fear for me. HUGE. Sometimes I don't even get to sleep until he is home, which leaves me exhausted. I worry about the world our babies are growing up in. Will there even be a safe place for them when they are older?

But, I know that God is there and  I am trying to give my fear and failures to him. Trying but not quite succeeding...yet. It definitely has a grip on me. So I turn to this verse, this silly little verse that my babies memorized for bible camp and still run around the house saying. And I cry. Because sometimes that's what it takes. I have to break down and realize I can't handle this by myself.

So today I am letting go.

1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

I can't even imagine. I know I would struggle with fear too if I were in the same situation.

So sorry about the job disappointment. When it's time the perfect job for you will come. He is in control...trust.